- Name : Stephen J. Spano
- Education : New England School of Law (JD),
Northeastern University (MBA),
University of Massachusetts (BA/BS)
- Fun Fact : Beekeeper, pilot, triathlete(former), in-line skater, cyclist, skier, aspiring unicyclist, aspiring advanced pogo stick enthusiast, and anything else where I can shred, tear, break or otherwise damage myself.
- Specialty : Asking the right questions in order to help people identify what is important to them. Developing concrete and attainable plans to help people achieve their goals.
- The founding partner at Spano & Dawicki, LLC,
- One of only three Massachusetts attorney members of the prestigious National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys’ Council of Advanced Practitioners
- One of only 28 Massachusetts attorneys to be Board-Certified as a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation.
- Argued the first successful child caregiver contract case in Massachusetts before the Superior Court
- Recognized nationally by his peers, has been named for more than 12 consecutive years for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers list and has a top AV rating* from Martindale-Hubbell
- Co-hosts the weekly radio program, The Legal View
- Adjunct professor in the post-doctoral Estate Planning, Elder Law and Disability LL.M. Program at Western New England University School of Law, teaching elder law, Medicaid (MassHealth) asset protection, guardianship, and special needs law
- Accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs to represent Veterans and their families.
- Harvard Business School panelist on estate and elder matters (numerous years)
- Co-founder of The Massachusetts Guardianship Association
- Served on the Board of Directors and as President of the National Elder Law Foundation
- Served on the Board of Directors and as President of the National Life Care Planning Law Firms Association
- Served on the Board of Directors and as President of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Massachusetts Chapter
- Chaired the annual Advanced Elder Law Review Program of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys for many years
- Presents healthcare and end-of-life training at the Middlesex Community Colleges Nursing program
- Features presenter and speaker at thousands of presentations at national, state, and local conferences, programs, television, radio, and national, state, and local educational programs.
- Received Partner of the Year from Mystic Valley Elder Services
- Co-Host of The Legal View radio program
- Creator and presenter of “A Legal Minute, or Two” cable television and you tube educational content